FANGIRLING 101: Korean Male Actor Pick #8



Kim Hyun-joong

Kim Hyun Joong (Hangul: 김현중, Hanja: 金賢重) was born on 6 June 1986. He is a South Korean entertainer and the leader of boyband SS501. Kim is well-known for his role as Yoon Ji Hoo in the 2009 Korean drama Boys Over Flowers, winning Best Actor Award at the Seoul International Drama Awards 2009, and Popularity Award at the 45th PaekSang Arts Awards. He is also known for playing in the late 2010 Korean drama Playful Kiss, as Baek Seung Jo. He is a style icon in Korea, winning several icon awards. 

***
I first saw him in Boys Over Flowers playing Ji Hoo's character. He's the counterpart of Wa Tse Lei in Meteo Garden. I didn't like him at first because my eyes are set for Lee Min Ho. Then there was this scene where he was focused and I took a good look on his face and DANG, I realized how handsome he was. He's darn cute and I love his skin! It's so flawless.







***
He also starred in Playful Kiss opposite Jung So Min. I like his mean and his brainy brainy character. I also like his look in the series. It's something different from his previous look in BOF. The drama was a feel good one. The usual brainy-guy-meets-stupid-girl type. It was purely fun. It targets the younger audience.





***
Before I forget, Kim Hyun-joong is also a singer and a dancer. He's the leader of SS501. I haven't seen him perform yet.




***
I hope he'll do more challenging roles in the future. I want to see more of his acting prowess.

Labels: